Brushes on a budget...I'm saving you, I swear
There's nothing like going to a high-end department store and being bombarded with brands of brands of make-up (although I do believe the aforementioned scenario is quite heavenly :D).
Now imagine yourself...
You pass by Lancome and lose an internal battle and end up buying the Oscillating Mascara, then you pass by Dior and your JUST NOT quite fast enough to slap your right hand and end up purchasing the equally expensive yet equally fabulous new Dior Color Daisy Plum 976, and let's not forget to stop by Clinique to purchase the Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Correcter to eliminate all those blemishes formed from the stressful and strenuous activity that is Holiday shopping.
Now, your kind of half way to broke but you spot the Limited Edition Urban Decay Book of Shadows Palette and you must have it...as well as the necessary brushes to apply these babies on. But after all these purchases, can you afford a new set of brushes?
3.EYE LINER BRUSH: Soft Camel Hair Detail Mop - Size: 3/16" (~$2) replaces the MAC 210 @ $17.50. The brush is significantly thinner and smaller in real life
4. SHADER BRUSH (FOR APPLICATION): LC 3/8" Maxine's Mop ($4) replaces the MAC 213 @ $22.50
5. MINI SHADER BRUSH (FOR APPLICATION): LC 1/4" Maxine's Mop (~$3) replaces the MAC 228 @ $19.50
6. LARGE SHADER BRUSH (FOR APPLICATION): LC 1/2" Maxine's Mop (~$3) replaces the MAC 252 @ $29.00
Brushes 4,5,6 look like this:
7. BLENDING BRUSH: LC Ann's Mini Mop 1/4" (~$2) replaces the MAC 217 @ $22.50
8. TAPERED BLENDING BRUSH: LC Medium Dome Round Natural Hair Brush ($13) replaces the MAC 224 @ $28
9. PENCIL BRUSH: LC Small Dome Round Natural Hair Brush ($10) replaces the MAC 219 @ $23
Brushes 8 and 9 both look like this:
10. SMALL ANGLE BRUSH: LC 1/4" Angular Shader Rose Petal (~$3) replaces the MAC 266 @ $19.50
So, here is a guide for any frugal ladies (I'm just going to be blunt; I AM CHEAP) who want to have their favorite make-up applied with the precision and perfection as designer brushes with extremely inexpensive tools that work just as well. So if you want to save a buck or one-hundred, go to Michael's (and don't forget to bring the weekly ad too) and get saving!
If you want to see thte rest of my blogs...please visit janellelora.blogspot.com
GIS REVIDO <3< Previous Post Next Post >