Tips to Comb Long Hair
Having a long hair will make people look beautiful, no doubt about that. However everything has two sides, positive side as well as negative side. The negative side of long hair might be it’s not easy to care. so properly combing your long hair become very important.
1. Check your hair for any major knots or tangles; these are best untangled by gentle fingers or extra wide/wide tooth comb, unntangle these, but be gentle;
2. Divide your hair into sections, depending on the thickness and length. use normal comb to comb your hair in sections which makes the job a lot easier and less daunting. Separate sections with hair clips or grips.
3. Start combing the ends of the hair in the section and work your way up slowly until you have combed the entire section of hair.
That’s it, it sounds easy, but a lot of work to do. Make sure you comb your hair on daily basis.
- It is always best to use wooden, horn or any other natural material made comb to comb your hair.
- It is best to comb long hair after you have washed and used a detangling conditioner. It is even better to comb the conditioner through the hair before rinsing. This will make it easier to comb when drying.
- Don’t ever use a brush on damp or wet hair. Brushes won’t untangle knots but simply tug at them, breaking the hair shaft. Use a wide toothed comb.
- If it’s hard to brush out your hair, you probably have split ends. It’s a lot less painful and your hair will be healthier if you go get a trim.