Product review: Revitalash Eyelash Conditioner
Revitalash Eyelash Conditioner
$78 for 0.13 fl oz/4.1 mL (6 month supply) from drugstore.com
$62 for 0.08 fl oz/2.4 mL (3 month supply) from drugstore.com
I received a 6 month supply of Revitalash from We Heart This to review. Honestly, I was excited to try it, but didn't expect to have really noticeable results. I'd tried other lash growth products (Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator, and vitamin E) without any results, and I wondered whether a non-prescription product would be effective.
My initial thoughts: Revitalash comes in a liquid eyeliner type packaging, with a nice brush tip applicator that makes using this product very easy. The tube was standard eyeliner size, but didn't seem like it would last me six months of daily application. I accidentally got some in my eye when I first tried this--it BURNS for a few moments. Other than that, application was a breeze.
The makers of Revitalash say it can take anywhere between 3-10 weeks to see results, when the product is applied daily, and then application can be reduced to a few times a week for maintenance. I applied the product every night to both my upper and lower lashlines, and started to see very slight results around 3 weeks, but saw significant results around 10 weeks.
After 10 weeks, I continued to apply the product every night (just in case)! My lashes look longer and fuller. And I've received compliments from complete strangers about how great my lashes look! I haven't noticed any side effects. Here's photographic evidence of how well Revitalash works:
Click on the picture for the full sized image!
I'm not wearing ANY makeup in either picture. I know the lighting is different, but the difference in my lashes is pretty obvious.
I think Revitalash is a great product. The 4.1 mL tube of product (6 month supply) has in fact lasted a full six months of daily application to both my top and bottom lashes, and I still have a bit left! Although it is VERY expensive, you're only spending $13 a month on average. I'd be more than willing to give up a trip or two to Starbucks each month for these lashes!
- IT WORKS! Gave me longer and fuller lashes.
- Easy to use brush applicator (like a liquid eyeliner brush).
- Nice looking packaging, compact in size.
- Less expensive than many other eyelash conditioners.
- Philanthropic company--donates units of Revitalash to worthy causes, volunteers at events, makes cash donations.
- Developed by a doctor.
- Did not cause darkening of the skin or iris for my brown eyes (these are listed as possible side-effects).
- It takes several weeks to see results.
- You must continue use it to maintain your fuller, longer lashes.
- It burns like heck if you manage to get it in your eye!
- Sometimes caused momentary irritation of eyelids.
- Gals with light eyes might not want their eyes to change.
Lipgloss + Spandex rating: Click here to see my original review on WeHeartThis.com. < Previous Post Next Post >