Out With the Old
Today I threw out all my old makeup and other accessories which included; a handful of lip sticks I stole from my mother; my Revlon Grow Luscious mascara (it was time to move on, in fact I should review it); I think four eye shadow quads (B/ Covergirl and god knows what); all my NYC eyeliners (they were lovely really, just fell out of love with them); Covergirl concealer; a bunch of CVS brought makeup brushes, all faulty in their own quirky ways; and strangely, an empty Altoids container (who knows what craziness I was planning on doing with it).
My plan is to survive this summer with minimal amount of makeup (i sweat so much anyway, there isn't really any point) and will wait until early September to reload on makeup and brushes, hopefully mostly MAC and Elizabeth Arden. Now I'm left with my;
- Maybelline New York 240 Night Sky Shimmer eyeshadow, which I'm honestly not planning on wearing anymore because shimmer was never really my thing, I bought it cause it was black and convenientlyon its own.
- Lancome Paris mascara. Well I also stole this from my mother but that's because she wasn't using it. They threw this in for free and Macy's. It goes on great, no complains there. I'm just not a fan because it defines each lash on its own, boldening and lengthening it. It makes my lashes too seperate for my liking. I like them fuller.
- An Essence of Beauty Blush and Powder brush (these were the faulty CVS brought brushes). The glue isn't strong so the heads are loose, wobbly or just plain old detachable, and the hairs of the brushes are slowly wedging themselves out of their place.
- A Fashion Fair sharpener that reassembles itself. Love it!
- Fashion Fair Beauty Blush in Berry Spice. No complaints.
- A Fashion Fair (My mom wears Fashion Fair, what can I say) Lipstick in Passion. I love it so much. This color is amazing. Like a dark pastel peach.
- And lastly, my Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow Quad in Tulle, Mingle, Smoke, and Ember. I still don't know which color is which but I only used the darkest eyeshadow (which is kind of shimmery but comes on matte) for my eyebrows. And if I could go to Elizabeth Arden today, I would ask them to give me a pallette with only just this color in order not to waste the rest.
So yeah, I guess I'm aiming for an almost makeup free summer. Just need to reassess what makeup I'll need for the future. I've been checking out MAC cosmetics website for a little bit now. But I most definitely am starting a new chapter. Clearing out your makeup kit to absolute nothingness is essential for a good start over.< Previous Post Next Post >