Easy Touseled Beachy Waves
I LOVE the beach and I love the way my hair looks after a day at the beach. You can create the same look at home in less than 10 minutes! All you need are a few styling products and a good curling wand and you're set.
Start with clean damp hair.
Using your fingers, apply a small amount of curling mousse and/or gel. I like L'Oreal Pro Vive Glossy Curls line. I use both the mousse and the gel for a really textured look but for a softer look, just use the mousse.
Blow dry your hair gently using a diffuser.
Next grab a curling wand like the one by Conair pictured below. Take medium sized sections (smaller or larger depending on the tightness of the curl/wave you want) and wrap them around the wand section by section working from back to front as follows:
- Hold the section by the ends of the hair.
- Place the curling wand about 3/4 of the way up the length of hair and begin wrapping it around the wand.
- Only wrap until there's about an inch to two inches of hair still free at the ends.
- Hold for about 10-15 seconds and gently pull the wand out from the bottom.
- Allow the curl to set and cool.
Once all of the hair is curled and cooled, flip your head upside down and shake it while gently touseling with your fingers.
Then using a soft hold hairspray, spray your hair upside down and then flip your hair back up.
Use your fingers to finish off the style and spray.
That's all there is to it! Beachy waves the the ones Kate Hudson and many other celebrities are sporting can be yours. Have fun and enjoy!