Summer Hair Care!
Summer is here! That means long days at the beach, swimming in pools, and basicly LIVING outside! But your hair may be suffering for it! Learn how you can save your locks and keep your hair healthy and happy during summer time!
Step 1. About to go for a swim? Wet your hair first so your hair will soak up less chlorine.
Step 2. As an added bonus, if you also put a leave in conditioner in your hair, it won't dry out as much as normal hair does from swimming. The sun, saltwater and chlorine will suck the moisture out of even the healthiest hair.
Step 3. Drink LOTS of water.
Step 4. After you are done swimming, wash your hair with a Anti-Chlorine (also known as Chlro-aid) Shampoo.
Step 5. Avoid or cut blow drying time. Once your hair starts to wave or curl, use your blow-dryer. If you don't start styling then, frizz may be tougher to tame.
- Wear a hat
- Use hair products with sunscreens in them
- Rinse with clean water after pools, oceans and lakes
- Use chelating shampoo for hard buildup
- Use mild shampoos for gentle cleansing
- Use moisturizing shampoos for excessively dry hair
- Use smoothing shampoos for frizzy, brittle hair
- Apply treatments and deep conditioners while on the beach or sitting in the sun, and before entering the water
- Wear a bathing cap
- Trim split ends every three weeks
< Previous Post
Next Post >