the foundation bible
Well ladies, if youre like me, trying to find the perfect foundation is almost as hard as deciding if youre willing to pay the price for a high end product. A part of me believes the higher the price, the better the quality, but i know thats not always the case. foundation is tricky and i know alot of women are still hunting. theres always problems with looking unnatural (a personal pet peeve), wrong color, not blendable, and etc. but i wanna give a little guide. these are just my opinions and what i think isnt always right.
- thou shall not buy a color lighter, or darker than thy face.) this is important for the fact that you can look exremely un natural and almost mask like.
- thou shall not apply too much.) ladies, i cannot stress this enough. foundation is just to even out the skin and not to cover every little thing. this is why you put on concealar afterwards!
- thou shall not be inhumanly matte.) even if you have oiyl skin, a little powder on the nose and chin isnt bad but the whole face doesnt need to be drier than the mojave. the skin has a natural sheen along the nose and cheekbones. i think, the more matte, the older you look.
those are just three tips i give woman for advice. (i dont say it like that though, itd be weird)
here are some more :)
- if you think your foundation is too cakey, or a little bit too dark, just add a bit of moisturizer. it perfect for a day when you dont want to get too dressed up also.
- no matter what you use to apply your foundation, make sure its clean. even your fingers. sponges offer medium to full coverage (unless its dampened) bushes can be either sheer to full coverage, hands are nice because they can make sure the makeup is well blended into the skin.
- if you find your foundation to be drying, just add a drop of moisturizer
- tinted moisturizer and mineral makeup is awesome for summer because of the heat, while maybe a liquod foundation is better for winter. some women can pull of liquod foundation in the summer, im not one of them. (lucky :P)