Health & beauty
Pretty in Pink Facial
This recipe is an all natural recipe for your face. It comes from the show "The Doctors". These homemade remedies are so fun and so economical.
The Pretty in Pink facial helps cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize and fortify your skin, leaving your
face feeling young and supple. The facial uses all-natural ingredients and costs less than $5!
• Guava fruit
• Plain yogurt
• Chilled grapefruit slices
• Fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
• Wash face with warm water
• Cut one ripe guava fruit into halves
• Remove seeds and cut the fruit into small pieces (Do not peel off the skin)
• Mix the guava and yogurt together to make a paste
• Using your fingers, rub the paste on your face in a circular motion
• Leave paste on for 10 minutes, then rinse the face with a warm cloth
• Dip a cotton ball in the grapefruit juice and lightly dab all over the face
• Do not rinse
• Let face dry and apply regular moisturizer
How it Works:
Guava fruit is an excellent natural source of astringents, agents responsible for shrinking tissues
and dissolving oil. Guava is also a good source of potassium and vitamins A, B and C, which help
keep skin glowing, fresh and wrinkle-free.
Grapefruits are loaded with citric acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid, which helps exfoliate and loosen
dead skin cells and polish dry skin. Grapefruits are also a natural astringent, which helps combat
Plain low-fat or whole-milk yogurt contains lactic acid, which softens the skin, reduces wrinkles
and helps hydrate dry areas.