MY FAV BEAUTY SECRETS
MY FAV BEAUTY TIPS & SECRETS
I've come across a lot of beauty secrets and tips and I wanted to share some of the ones that I use and actually work. Hope you enjoy!
1. An easy way to draw attention to your eyes without putting on a pile of makeup is to comb petroleum jelly
lightly through the tips of eyelashes to get a sexy, subtle sparkle.
2. You don’t have to be a celebrity to get red-carpet-ready skin. Just try Dr. Lancer’s recipe for glowiness: Fill a bowl with water and add 10 drops of lemon juice. Wash your face with baby shampoo, then rinse with the lemon water. Finish with a light application of grapeseed oil (you can find it at the grocery store).
3 .After applying dry shampoo to day old (or for me, three-day old) hair, blow dry the roots using a round brush. The mix of the dry shampoo and the natural oil will have the same benefits as a volumizer so you'll get an extra day out of your blow-out and have major volume
4. To get rid of nails that have turned yellow, Make a paste using baking soda and water, you can also use lemon juice to make it stronger. Apply the paste over the stained area and massage it then
let it sit for a few minutes and rinse off.
5. The secret is applying a thin layer of plain old Vaseline to your face every night.It will leave your skin feeling fresh and moisturized and it won’t clog your pores!
6. Hair conditioner adds shine and softness to your tresses — and helps keep them tangle-free. You probably already use hair conditioner daily in the shower or tub. So once a month, add a few drops of olive or rosemary oil to it, slather it on, and leave it for about 15 minutes before rinsing. You've just created your own deep conditioner!
7. Dry it right If you want to create soft waves and your hair is naturally straight, blow-dry it by using the “power dry” method: Move the blow-dryer all around your head while running your fingers through your hair. The goal is not to smooth hair out but to maintain as much body as possible, so don’t use a hairbrush. If your hair already has some natural wave or curl to it, skip the running-your-fingers-through- your-hair step and blow-dry your hair with a diffuser to bring out as much natural wave or curl as possible.
8. If you have dry or chapped lips: take your old toothbrush, put a little vaseline on it and exfoliate the dead skin cells
off your lips
9. My sworn skin remedy: apply chilled natural yogurt on your face for about 10 to 30 min, it sooths, refreshes, absorbes
excess oils, fights bacteria, and helps the pores look smaller.
10. For stronger and shinier nails: dip them in olive oil for about 10 minutes.
11. A quick and easy way to clean your makeup brushes is just to use baby wipes. IT WORKS!
12 To prevent the dreaded creases under the eyes: mix a bit of moistiruzer with your concelear and apply sparingly to problem areas before foundation and powder
13. Sweet Almond Oil has a multitude of great beauty uses. It absorbes well when used as a moistirizer to dry skin and cuticles, or for all over sofeting , add it to your bath or use it as a massage oil.
14. Get more from your moisturizer: Apply lotion to damp skin, this will help seal in the moisture thats already there, Massage for at least 15 seconds to boost circulation and maximize absorption
15. To sooth razor bumps: you can crush an asprin and mix with one cup of warm water and apply to shaved area or dip a washcloth into milk and apply then rinse off