Posted by Sarah Carrillo 02/08/13 at 03:41PM
The fresh face/bold lip trend is cropping up all over the runways -- and it's only the second day of New York Fashion Week. So far one of our favorite versions is from the Carmen Marc Valvo show.
James Boehmer, NARS Director of Global Artistry, was in charge of creating the makeup look. "The collection is baroque with a punk edge, so we wanted the makeup to have that same feeling," says Boehmer. As for the hair, Ted Gibson created the punky pink tips using hair chalk.
Follow these steps to get this daring look at home:
1. For that fresh-faced glow, apply NARS Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer and follow with NARS Sheer Glow Foundation all over your face, depending on your particular coverage needs.
2. Starting at the inner corner of your eyes, carefully line eyes with NARS Black Moon Eyeliner Pencil, curving the line slightly up toward your brow as you reach the outer corner of your eye.
3. Apply two coats of Larger Than Life Mascara.
4. To get that bold red lip, apply NARS Madere Pure Matte Lipstick in Vesuvio to lips.
5. If you feel like trying dyed tips, try a hot pink hair chalk. All you have to do is slightly wet the chalk, and rub it along your tips. That's it!